Catch the Drift is the premier fishing guide service on the Oswego River.
Posted 2 days ago
The salmon fishing remains so so. This time of year it should be easy going. Oh well, it's fishing. River season is almost here. 😀😀 If anyone has not checked in to confirm their fall days you better do so. I'm going to post all open dates in the next day or two. They will be up for grabs. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!!
Posted 5 days ago
Not a ton of kings around but some nice quality. Atommik trolling flies are doing the trick. Uv big fin glows are hot. Still looking for the mother load to show. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!
Posted 6 days ago
Sorry for the lack of reports lately, starting to get tired. The kings are still scattered all around with no big concentration. Coming up with some good catches though. Been fishing 600 foot of water all the way into 70 today. Hopefully they will pile up soon for the bloodbath to begin. 😃😃. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!
Posted 13 days ago
I can't understand why that one didn't bite. Lol. Mother load of bait.
Posted 13 days ago
The west winds brought some kings for us to play with. 😃. Big waves, wind, rain, but we stuck it out. Better days ahead. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!
Posted 16 days ago
One king and one coho before the big winds came today. Look at the curled up tail and shape of this one. Ready for the river. Hopefully this wind will bring them. No targets at all this morning. Salmon you can show up anytime, you have made us wait long enough. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!
Posted 17 days ago
Brutal wind and rain this morning made us slide in and look for brown trout. We were able to grab a limit in a couple hours. Hopefully the heavy west winds coming bring the kings. 😃. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!
Posted 19 days ago
Had a shot at a few salmon today. Managed to land 3 good ones, couple small, and a couple steelhead. Not a good sign when u see a big lamprey eel on a skippy king. It was a beautiful day on the water though. 😃. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!
Posted 20 days ago
Fishing remains challenging but still producing a few fish a trip. I hope the kings get here soon !!!!! Lack of targets. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!
Posted 23 days ago
Fishing remains slow the last couple days with the salmon scattered big time. On a better note I Just finished my last Chemo treatment 13 straight 26 weeks of being tortured. Never missed a day of work 😃. Thank you so much everyone's support through it all. River season around corner make sure everyone checks in their fall dates. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!
Posted 26 days ago
Slower morning for us with heavy fleas and lack of targets. Managed to hang on to the bites that we had though. All quality fish. 😃😃. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!!
Posted 27 days ago
Another large this morning with many more. 😃😃. Thanks Don for everything !!!!! Here is our new no Bananas sign 😃. Thanks for that one Rob.
Posted 28 days ago
Much better morning for us. The fleas weren't half as bad. 😀😀. We even got them with a bunch of bananas on the boat. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!!!!
Posted 29 days ago
The return of the spiny water fleas. Probably the worst I have ever seen them. If anyone is planning on coming up fishing on their own make sure you are prepared for them. Heavy line so they can't stick to it. 30 pound is getting beat up. Fishing is still slow with not many targets. Check out the last picture of the fleas. LOCKEDSTRONG !!!!!!!!!!
We provide the most up-to-date reports and videos from the Oswego River and other New York State Lake Ontario tributaries
Book a trip with Kevin Davis, the most knowledgeable guide on the river
Enjoy, and we hope to see you hooked up soon!- Capt. Kevin Davis
- Salmon river loaded with steelhead. LOCKED !!!!! pic.twitter.com/LXaicvTyWk 4 months ago
- Back to the Oswego today to find many steelhead. Impressed how many are still in the river this late. pic.twitter.com/gKj32i1pFc 4 months ago
- Crazy brown trout fishing so far this spring. Released to fight another day. pic.twitter.com/XPbw80Op51 4 months ago
- Brown trout fishing is on fire. pic.twitter.com/yrbLVVkGpx 4 months ago
- Can you say large one !!!!!! pic.twitter.com/QzPDDTwpZb 5 months ago
- Some of the best steelhead fishing in Oswego in a long time. pic.twitter.com/gVtcT4RJBd 5 months ago
- Starting to get dark. Could be an early run this year. Already reports of fish in the salmon river. pic.twitter.com/m6LaIaMA2F 1 year ago
- Afternoon kings in Oswego. Nice healthy looking fish. http://img.ly/uxCo 1 year ago
- Seems to be a real good 3 year old class of brown trout this year. http://img.ly/umtY 1 year ago
- Grinding them out of the mud water. http://img.ly/u6PF 1 year ago
- Going to be some real big brown trout this spring. http://img.ly/tLBs 1 year ago
- Hold over brown and a spring lake brown double. http://img.ly/tJvx 1 year ago
- The hold over browns are starting to get real active. One of many captured today. http://img.ly/tIdI 1 year ago
- Even with the cold weather the steelhead fishing is as good as it gets. http://img.ly/tDGy 1 year ago
- Some of the biggest numbers for January fishing that I have seen. http://img.ly/sfdb 1 year ago
- My fantail rainbow :). Little guy but I love the fins. http://img.ly/q7Kw 1 year ago
- The Big brown of the season so far. http://img.ly/q7JJ 1 year ago
- Still fresh ones. http://img.ly/nk6a 1 year ago
- Can't believe how many coho's that are still around. http://img.ly/nk5Z 1 year ago
- Fish are from 120 to 600. We need them to pile up for the blood bath to begin. http://img.ly/lJJ3 2 years ago